Sitio do Picapau Amarelo

Espaço para discussão sobre SG-1000, SC-3000, Master System, Mega Drive, Game Gear.

Moderador: Moderadores

Ankoku Dragon

Re: Sitio do Picapau Amarelo

Mensagem por Ankoku Dragon »

Hey, guys, this may sound like stupidity but what if we try run up (is this correct?) this game's rom at an emulator with american's settings? If it works then perhaps the catridge itself may run at an american console! ;)
Maraakate
Contato:

Mensagem por Maraakate »

This is what I did earlier as explained with testing the BIOS.
Ankoku Dragon

Mensagem por Ankoku Dragon »

Maraakate escreveu:This is what I did earlier as explained with testing the BIOS.
Ooops... :( <oldlol>
But I still think it may work at an american model without any problem. ^^v
Maraakate
Contato:

Mensagem por Maraakate »

i hope so i am eager to play these games. i know they werent the best the master system had to offer but damnit it's a sega game!
Gigacom
Localização: Casa do Giga, rua do Giga - Gigacity CEP: 84550-025

Mensagem por Gigacom »

Maraakate escreveu: I get a feeling someone had an SMS1 that had a loose solder joint or something silly and the game would not boot for them and they tried it in their SMS2 and it worked and they blame it on SMS1. I have not seen good evidence to suggest otherwise. The same with a PAR. Many people on english sites say PAR will not work right on American SMS but this is bullshit. All games work on it just fine. I know of three games that will not work properly if not running at 50hz but nothing else and a 50hz switch is very easy to do.
Yep. You said all. This theory is like a legend, not a fact.
Como dizia o velho deitado, há malas que vão para Belém.
Maraakate
Contato:

Mensagem por Maraakate »

From American Forums:
I checked with Charles MacDonald and they should work just fine. If the PAL Mode is in fact needed, we can just add a switch to the PAL/NTSC input pin of the VDP to put the system into PAL mode... if the PAL video timing is needed.

Apparently these TecToy games don't have any PAL-specific timing requirements so they should work fine in NTSC mode. The PAL-specific screen mode is only available with the SMS2 console, but this is not a concern here. So we should be fine with the original SMS system. If problems do come up...we just need to add the NTSC/PAL switch to the console and try it in PAL mode.
Gigacom

Mensagem por Gigacom »

Maraakate escreveu:From American Forums:
I checked with Charles MacDonald and they should work just fine. If the PAL Mode is in fact needed, we can just add a switch to the PAL/NTSC input pin of the VDP to put the system into PAL mode... if the PAL video timing is needed.

Apparently these TecToy games don't have any PAL-specific timing requirements so they should work fine in NTSC mode. The PAL-specific screen mode is only available with the SMS2 console, but this is not a concern here. So we should be fine with the original SMS system. If problems do come up...we just need to add the NTSC/PAL switch to the console and try it in PAL mode.
TecToy Master Systems are all NTSC, with PAL-M transcoder system in A/V or RF out. So, PAL-M modifications installed by TecToy have not influence in perfomance on console system. So, if a certain game work in a TT Master System, will sure work on SMS 8)
Maraakate
Contato:

Mensagem por Maraakate »

Gigacom escreveu:
Maraakate escreveu:From American Forums:

TecToy Master Systems are all NTSC, with PAL-M transcoder system in A/V or RF out. So, PAL-M modifications installed by TecToy have not influence in perfomance on console system. So, if a certain game work in a TT Master System, will sure work on SMS 8)
The transcoder chip is the S**y CXA1145P yes? This is the chip that must be modded in order to output S-Video or RGB. I'm pretty sure it controls the PAL/NTSC timing. The 50/60hz switch goes to 315-5214 chip which is the VDP.
Gigacom

Mensagem por Gigacom »

Maraakate escreveu: The transcoder chip is the S**y CXA1145P yes? This is the chip that must be modded in order to output S-Video or RGB. I'm pretty sure it controls the PAL/NTSC timing. The 50/60hz switch goes to 315-5214 chip which is the VDP.
Yes and no <oldlol> In TT Master Systems, chips like CXA1145P are present, but the codification to PAL-M don't happen there. Have more eletronics components to do this after the signal exit of CXA. So, CXA provide NTSC or PAL signal, and others components convert it to PAL-M.
Maraakate
Contato:

Mensagem por Maraakate »

Existe esquema ou folha de dados para estes chips de computador extra?
Gigacom

Mensagem por Gigacom »

Sim, existem, dificil achar :roll:
Maraakate
Contato:

Mensagem por Maraakate »

Você pode ligar-me a eles? Eu gostaria de estudar folha de dados.
Maraakate
Contato:

Mensagem por Maraakate »

Volta para topic... voce fim de sitio do picapau amarelo?
Corredor X

Mensagem por Corredor X »

Gigacom escreveu:Or am I wrong :? Where is Corredor X when we need him :x ? <oldlol> <oldlol> <oldlol>
Never fear, Xisto is here! / Não tema, com o Xisto não há problema! <oldmrgreen>
EDIT: Xisto, você que lembra das coisas mais esquecidas aqui do forum, sabe se alguém fez algum teste desses com a Picapau Amarelo?
Fez sim, e te digo até quem foi: nosso amigo fã de Fusca, o Vlad:

http://www.sega-brasil.com.br/forum/vie ... 6147#p6147

Aparentemente, ele roda sim. O Vlad teve uns problemas foi com SFII' de Master, conforme relatado nesse mesmo tópico. E eu registrei umas dessas supostas lendas urbanas lá também, vinda do SMSPower, que dizia que só o SMS I com AKMW na memória roda os jogos de 8 Mega e os da Codemasters.
Imagem
Maraakate
Contato:

Mensagem por Maraakate »

Voce diz Sitio e Sonic Blast jogar em SMS1? Eu ter esses jogos.
Responder